80% of deaths in developing countries are caused by diseases that can easily be prevented. Due to the lack of knowledge of basic health care practices, these areas remain in utter hopelessness and desperation.
IPHC aims to “Bring healing and empower people” in these communities.
This six month course is designed to train and equip those with or without prior medical training with knowledge on disease prevention and community health education. Curative skills are also taught.
Lecture phase consists of 12 weeks of intensive study, reading and formulation of lesson plans.
Outreach is another 12 weeks of emmersing in locations where communities have less access to healthcare.
Dates: May 3, 2015 – October 23, 2015
Location: YWAM Baguio
- World A- $1,600
- World B- $1,150
- World C- $800
Note: Cost includes housing, food, University of the Nations registration, medical kit, textbooks, Phileo rescue training fees and equipment, and school operating budget.
$800- $1,500 depending on outreach location
- Anatomy and Physiology of the body systems and related diseases and conditions
- Biblical worldview on health and diseases
- God’s heart for the poor and needy
- Eight keys to Primary Health Care
- Pathways to wholeness and freedom
- Diagnosis and Management of Common Illnesses/prevention
- Simple Health Care Seminar
- Expertise in the making of Health Care Programs
- Special Concerns: HIV/AIDS/STD’s/Addictions/Malaria etc
- Nutrition/Malnutrition and Growth Monitoring
- Active listening and counseling skills
- Dental care
- Community Assessments
- Water and Sanitation
- Phileo Rescue Training
If you are interested in making a difference in communities through Primary Health Care please contact Lucena Catbagan at Mizpahluz@yahoo.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or +63 917 621 6577 to apply.