Family Ministries Update- October 2015
FAMILY MINISTRIES PHILIPPINES
RELATIONSHIP ENRICHMENT WORKSHOP
Family Ministries has just concluded its Relationship Enrichment Workshop (REW) for the young leaders of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro held on September 24-26, 2015. This is the first time one of our workshops was sponsored by a city government with the City Mayor gracing the event. This REW was originally proposed to be held on May 2015 but was cancelled because there were limitations with working with the local government. Last July, we were contacted again by the city government’s representative to push through with the workshop for September 2015. We are pleased to inform you that there are 17 graduates of the REW Calapan. There are also talks in the making to train these graduates to become facilitators of the REW.
YWAM ANTIPOLO DTS
Family Ministries has gotten invitation to present the REW to the students of YWAM Antipolo October 2015 DTS. This will be held on October 26-29, 2015. The classroom will have the workshop format. Each student will have their participant manuals and will join in the different activities involved in the workshop. Although often taught in Family Ministry Schools, this REW will be the first time it is incorporated in the DTS in the Philippines.
YWAM BALUT COLLEGE MINISTRY
On October 30-November 1, 2015, 50 college students from Tondo will come up to YWAM Baguio Training Center to hold a retreat. The students will participate in the REW to further strengthen their relationships with others.
REW is a course for singles under the Relationship Enrichment by Applying Preventative Principles (REAPP) which is done in many parts of the world. Further, this is a credited Level I course of the University of the Nations (UoN). To know more, visit www.reapp.org.
THE MARRIAGE COURSE
This is an eight session course open for any couple who would like to invest in strengthening their relationship. Set in a romantic atmosphere and served with fantastic desserts for two, the couple joins others listening to Nicky and Sila Lee’s practical talk on relationships. There is no group work, hence all discussions are between the couples. This course will run in YWAM Baguio Training Center from October 7- December 2, 2015. There are 8 couples from different parts of Baguio participating in this course.
This is a course under the Relationship Central. To know more, visit www.relationshipcentral.org.
A new ministry that has been opened for Family Ministries is the Pre-Marriage Counselling (PMC) of the City Government of Baguio. After providing a proposal to the City Health Office, they welcomed us and said that for some time, they have been looking a faith based teaching for their PMC. They offered it first to a Catholic Parish Priest but was turned down. Just at the right timing, we came in and offered our services. We were given 2 slots per week to share about Communication and Conflict Resolution to couples who are applying for a marriage license. Family Ministries started the PMC last September 3, 2015. The average number of couples we were able to reach out to is 22 couples per week. Imagine reaching 2000-3000 people every year through this initiative. God is indeed good!
- More couples to be on staff for Family Ministries- there is a lot of harvest out there but we are just few at the moment.
- Transformed lives for the participants of the REW, TMC and PMC.
- More couples in YWAM with the heart for Family Ministries take advantage of the openings at their local governments.
- Wisdom as we prepare for the Family Ministries Asia Forum that will be held in the Philippines on June 2016.
- Open doors to introduce Marriage Week in the Philippines on February 2016.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- Pray- your prayers are very much appreciated. Your prayers protect us and the ministry against attacks of the enemy.
- Give- your financial support allows us to continue with the ministries we are presently doing. It also allows us to help out other workers in the field of family ministries around the country.
- Go- your presence as part of our team will enable us to fulfil our vision of strong families, transformed nations.
Family Ministries Philippines
Phone: 09178980025/09175850025 (Morten & Tiffany Olesen)
Bank Details: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Account name: Youth With A Mission
Account Number: 0561008876 (Checking)