YWAM Cebu Update- February 2015
1. The June Sports DTS Major Outreach goes to the mountains and the islands
Split into two teams, the June Sports DTS spent their major outreach from September to December in different locations around the Visayas and Mindanao. Working with YWAM Nasuli, Cebu, Butuan and Surigao and various local churches, the teams were able to reach many with the gospel of Christ. The teams were able to reach Higaunon and Manobo tribes in the Bukidnon, Agusan del Sur, Agusan del Norte and Surigao del Norte areas.
The teams came back with great stories of reaching people hungry for the word of God, children curious to see new faces in their remote barangays, family members blessed to see their loved ones and stories of faith, restitution and salvation. God is indeed faithful as He kept the team safe throughout their travels and provided for their needs.
After a three-month outreach, the June DTS had their graduation last December 12, 2014 with 10 students who finished with flying colors. Three students are coming back to staff at the base.
2. October DTS begins
October 6, 2014 marked the beginning of a life-changing adventure for 14 individuals. The October DTS has a staff team of 6 with 14 students coming from all over the Philippines and three from Germany.
3. Celebrating Jesus Fiesta for the 10th year in a row
Last December 06, 2014 we celebrated our 10th Jesus Fiesta with the theme “Fruitful Journey With God”. There were about 1500 children and parents from eight different ministry locations. This much awaited event was blessed by a team of 38 from one of our partners, Bethesda Bedok Tampines Church (BBTC) from Singapore. BBTC has been regularly sending teams every Jesus Fiesta for the past four years. YWAM Cebu also partnered with Buckets for Jesus and Please Pass the Bread and many other individuals and organizations.
We praise God for His faithfulness in our kids ministry as we added another location last May.
1. Expansion of our kids ministry to a new location
This brings us to a total of nine locations where we serve on a weekly basis to share the love of Jesus to the kids in Talisay.
2. House in Bogo
Since October 2014, we began renting a house in Bogo City in line with the building project there. Our goal was to strengthen our partnership with the local government, local church and build relationship with the beneficiaries of the YWAM Village as well as help in the building process. YWAM staff and outreach teams have stayed at the house since. The YWAM Village is located about 30 mins from the city proper. Teams have helped in some initial preparation for the building project as well as done evangelism in the area.
DTS outreach teams and base staff partner with local churches of Bogo for ministry in and around the city. The BBTC team also hosted a Thanksgiving Celebration last Dec. 13, 2014 for beneficiaries of the YWAM Village. It was an opportunity to share the gospel as well as to get to know the families we will be partnering with.
One year after Typhoon Yolanda struck and God is still working mightily in the different ministries that were started after the typhoon. We praise God for the many outreach teams who came to partner with us. International teams have been sent off to Tacloban and Ormoc in Leyte, Calbayog, Samar, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental and Bantayan and Bogo in Cebu.
We praise God for His faithfulness in providing for the building project in Bogo City. We praise God for the base staff who worked hard these past months to accommodate the growing ministry needs. We praise God for bringing us DTS students from all over the nation and beyond.
- Oct DTS has been split into 2 teams: Luzon and Thailand. Their outreach will be from Jan. 19 to Mar. 20. Please pray for safety, protection, good health and team unity. Pray for God’s favor with visas and travel, provision/finances. Please pray for open doors for ministry and hearts ready to receive the Gospel.
- Please pray for the staff of YWAM Cebu. Pray that God will give them all strength for the ministry and finances to meet their staff fees. Please also pray for more people to come and join YWAM Cebu.
- Please pray that God will continue to bless the progress of the Bogo YWAM Village. We still need a lot of finances if we are to build 150 homes. We also need a lot of staff to stay in Bogo City to oversee and work through construction etc.
- Please pray that as international teams come to the Philippines that God would protect them and allow them to easily adjust to our culture and weather. Pray that God will anoint them and they would be bold to preach the Good News of our risen Savior.
Opportunities for Involvement:
- Volunteer to help us build the YWAM Village! We are looking for people willing to do construction work or heavy labor as we start building houses. We have a target of 150 homes that will benefit 150 families affected by Typhoon Yolanda. If you cannot do heavy labor we always need people in Bogo doing evangelism and partnering with local churches.
- Volunteer at the YWAM Talisay Base! Come and join us at YWAM Cebu and you can help serve in the kitchen, as part of the maintenance crew or hospitality crew. We are always looking for willing hands to help us with all that we do.
Ways to Give:
1. Online – You may give here http://ushare.unionbankph.com/ywam This allows you to specify the base and ministry or staff you would like to give to.
2. Bank Deposits – for more information please email email@example.com
As 2015 came rushing in, we look forward to seeing God move over our different ministry locations, our kids, youth and parents, in our DTSs and in our different expressions of mercy and evangelism. All glory belongs to God.
Thank you for partnering with us! God bless you!