Tacloban is a newly pioneered base birthed from YWAM’s response to the disaster brought by typhoon Yolanda.
We have seen 54 people baptized this year. Our next scheduled baptism will be held on February 22.
We saw our first Church on Fire in Barangay 48 turned over to a new local Leadership Team of 5 last February 8th.
2nd Church Plant
We established our 2nd Church on Fire in Barangay 37 four weeks ago. We saw 50+ visitors in total and 12 faithful every time.
We conducted a mass wedding for couples living together but not able to get married due to various reasons. We have 11 more couples scheduled for another mass wedding on March 7th.
Student Sponsorship Program
We have eight Students still in the Sponsorship Program.
Five disciples received complete dental care: Over 50 fillings, 30 extractions, 3 dentures.
We envision to establish a YWAM base in Tacloban City to cater to outreach teams and run DTS and other trainings for the locals. To see this accomplished we have started the process of purchasing a house known as the Imelda house. Our payment of the house reaches its Php 60,000.00 balance soon.
We are building 5 new bunk beds to accommodate the people God will give us.
We are in the process of building 3 toilets and 3 showers. The cost is expected to reach Php 350,000.00.
How to Get Involved:
- Volunteer- We always welcome volunteers to help us with the ministries God has entrusted to us
- Staff- Come and commit to staff on the base!
- Sponsor a Student through our Student Sponsorship Program
- Sponsor a filling, extraction, x-ray and/or cleaning – A vast majority of our new disciples, church members and members in our student sponsorship program have hardly ever been to a dentist their entire lives except to pull their teeth when it is completely rotten. You can sponsor 1 filling for $10 (Php 400.00), 1 cleaning for $10 (Php 400.00), 1 X-ray for $16 (Php 700.00) and 1 extraction for $10 (Php 400.00)
How to Give:
1. Online – You may give here http://ushare.unionbankph.com/ywam This allows you to specify the base and ministry or staff you would like to give to.